Do you know any businesses that would benefit from a support package worth £22,500?
Are you a company owner yourself, and could do with a helping hand?
Well, here’s your chance.
We’ve extended the deadline of our fantastic Business Booster competition, to 31 August (from 31 July), to give more stand-out companies the opportunity to apply.
We’re been so delighted with the quality of applications so far, we want to make sure that no-one misses out on the chance to secure the help and recognition they deserve.
The competition is part of our James Legal – The Business 2017 campaign, which is our contribution to helping companies in the Yorkshire & Humber region to grasp the amazing opportunity Hull, UK City if Culture 2017 represents.
Our prize fund has grown since we launched the campaign in February, and we now have 15 campaign partners contributing a total of £45,000 worth of business support. This means that the two winners will be surrounded by a cushion of assistance – including team development advice, marketing, IT, accountancy and funding – to help them take their business to the next level.
The competition will be judged by James Legal Managing Director Nick Miller and respected local businesswoman Maureen Foers OBE, and the winners will be announced towards the end of September.
Here’s a summary of exactly what the two chosen businesses will receive:
- Computanet: A network and system audit and helpdesk support for one year, up to a value of £4,000, for the overall winner; and a network and system audit and strategic system planning, worth up to £1,000, for the runner up
- Elliott’s: A full hygiene review and improvements, and ongoing strategy, worth up to £1,000 for each winner
- Sales Lead Genie: A strategic sales and marketing review, and one day of targeted B2B telemarketing with research findings, presented as a report, worth £1,000, for each winner
- Arrival Design: A £1,500 voucher to be used towards website development, design works, email marketing or SEO, provided by Arrival Design
- 360 Accountants: Accountancy support worth up to £1,000 for the overall winner and an online accounts software annual subscription of £500 for the second placed business, from 360 Accountant
- Dare Greatly leadership development: Two one-day management alignment workshops worth £1,500, focusing on business goal setting via a review of management personalities, relationships and structures
- The Marketplace: A full business diagnostic worth £1,900, looking at critical areas including skills, supply chain, procurement and operations, from The Marketplace
- By Tracy Fletcher Limited: A PR & Marketing audit and communications strategy worth £1,000
- The Business Culture Hull: Free annual membership of this popular networking group, worth £300
- Peacock Finance: An initial funding audit and guidance, followed by monthly reviews and application support, worth £3,000
- Fifty Squid Video: A corporate video worth £100
- Sirius: Business mentoring sessions to the value of £500
- And our own contribution, of course: a year’s free legal support worth £5,000, including a review and re-write of policies and contracts, and access to our business legal advice service
- Hendersons Insurance Brokers: Fee-free insurance for the overall winner, and 50 per cent off fees for the second winner, together worth over £2,000.
- A&S Design Associates: A brand review and guidelines, up to a value of £1,000, to each of the two winners – to help them with developing their company marketing materials.
- James Financial: Basic pension scheme set up and key man cover (protecting a business against the impact of losing vital expertise through the death or serious illness of key players in their business) up to a total value of £1,000 for each of the two winning entrants.
And, of course, we’re offering a year’s free legal support worth £5,000, including a review and re-write of policies and contracts, and unlimited access to our business legal advice service.
A huge thank you to our partner organisations for making these amazing competition prizes possible.
So, with the closing date for Business Booster entries extended to 31 August, don’t delay. If you represent or know of a business that would like to be in with a chance of winning the support they need to grow to the next level, full details of how to enter are available via our website.