Do you own or run a business in the Hull & Humber region?
Are you ready to capitalise on the unique opportunity Hull City of Culture 2017 represents? If your answer to these questions is ‘yes’, our James Legal – The Business 2017 campaign is for you.
Together with a selection of local partners, we are offering informative content, a free masterclass programme and a Business Booster competition with prizes totalling more than £30,000 for two stand out local companies.
The tide is turning and Hull and surrounding area are increasingly seen as a great place to invest and do business. So, what better time to bring together local organisations and experts to collaborate and share views and insights?
Our supporters include the Department of International Trade (DIT); Women’s Enterprise in the Humber; The Marketplace, which helps businesses save money, reduce costs and identify and win new business; the Sirius business advice provider; the Hull & Humber Chamber of Commerce, Yorkshire Bank and the Humber LEP’s Growth Hub which provides free advisor support and business tools, access to grants and information via its website – as well as a range of local businesses.
Nick Miller, Managing Director of James Legal, said: “We are Hull through and through, and bursting with pride and passion for our city and surrounding region.
“We also believe in giving back and supporting our local community and, given our specialism in business development, including law, leading a campaign that will help local businesses grasp the 2017 opportunity seemed an appropriate focus.”
Maureen Foers OBE, of Women’s Enterprise in the Humber, said: “In many senses, businesses in Yorkshire & The Humber have had it tough in recent decades, battling jaded perceptions of what our region is all about.
“The fact they have flourished despite this is testament to the potential that exists here, and now Hull City of Culture 2017 promises to change things for the long term.
“I commend James Legal on the proactive role it is taking in supporting this business transformation process, and our campaign partners for getting behind the initiative and seizing this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a real and lasting difference that will benefit everyone.”
We are also offering a series of FREE quarterly masterclasses, in collaboration with a range of experts, offering useful insights aimed at helping the region’s companies grow.
To find out about our latest The Business 2017 masterclass click here and to book a place, click here.
28 June 2017
Back to the future - A celebration of what’s in store for Hull business, through a reminder of the city’s past
Hallmark Hotel, North Ferriby, HU14 3LG
9.30am to 12.30pm
As part of our ‘James Legal – The Business 2017’ campaign, we are collaborating with a range of partner organisations to offer our The Business Booster competition aimed at supporting small and medium sized enterprises in Hull and the East Riding that are poised for the next stage of their growth.
We are encouraging stand out small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) from across Yorkshire & the Humber – with a turnover of up to £5 million per annum – to enter for a chance to win two prizes worth more than £15,000 each. We are looking to recognise businesses that show great potential by offering a package of support to help them achieve their growth aspirations.
The prizes include
- A year’s free legal support worth £5,000 provided by James Legal, including a review and re-write of policies and contracts, and unlimited access to our business legal advice service
- A £1,500 voucher to be used towards website development, design works, email marketing or SEO, provided by Arrival Design
- Accountant support worth up to £1,000 for the overall winner and an online accounts software annual subscription of £500 for the second placed business from 360 Accountants
- Two one-day management alignment workshops worth £1,500, focusing on business goal setting via a review of management personalities, relationships and structures, from specialist leadership development company Dare Greatly
- A full business diagnostic worth £1,900, looking at critical areas including skills, supply chain, procurement and operations, from The Marketplace
- A PR & Marketing audit and communications strategy worth £1,000 from By Tracy Fletcher Limited
- Free annual membership of The Business Culture Hull business networking group, worth £300
- An initial funding audit and guidance, followed by monthly reviews and application support, worth £3,000, provided by Peacock Finance
- A corporate video worth £100, from Fifty Squid video
- Business mentoring sessions to the value of £500 from Sirius.
For more details of our The Business Booster competition, click here.
Please click here for The Business Booster competition Terms & Conditions.
If you have a general question about our campaign, email email@example.com of if you are interested in joining our list of partners, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lindsey Nicklin on (01482) 225566.
For the latest campaign news and blogs on business related topics click here.