2 new partners boost competition fund to £43,00029-06-2017
Our business campaign and competition continue to grow and grow.
We’re delighted to announce that Henderson’s Insurance and A&S Design Associates have now joined the list of local companies that are putting their weight behind James Legal – The Business 2017.
Together, they are adding support worth more than £4,000 to the two stand-out businesses that win our Business Booster competition.
Henderson Insurance Brokers, based in Hessle, are offering fee-free insurance for the overall winner, and 50 per cent off fees for the second winner, together worth over £2,000.
Their prize will including an appraisal of the businesses’ existing cover, advice on alterations and improvements, a claims management facility should it be necessary, and access to Henderson’s own skilled loss adjusters – with the added benefit of quarterly cover reviews.
Chartered Insurance Broker Paula Ellerington, from Hendersons, said: “It’s really great to be involved in an initiative like James Legal – The Business 2017, which has so much potential to promote Hull and Humber business.
“We have tremendous respect for James Legal and the different approach they take to providing legal services. We’re also looking forward to seeing which companies win this fantastic competition, as they will no doubt be worthy winners who will be a pleasure to work with.
“It will be very exciting to be part of helping them to take that vital next step forward.”
Also joining us as a partner is Tony Singleton from A&S Design Associates, based in South Cave, who is offering a brand review and guidelines, up to a value of £1,000, to each of the two winners – to help them with developing their company marketing materials.
Tony, a highly skilled designer with 20 years’ industry experience, said: “Having the right look and feel for their company can be vitally important to businesses when it comes to having the professional and eye-catching look they need to stand out from their competition and, ultimately, grow.
“I’m really looking forward to helping the James Legal competition winners whether they simply need a spring clean of their brand, or are starting from scratch in creating a visual identity for their company.
“I think what James Legal is doing to unearth talent and help it prosper, is really commendable and it’s my privilege to have the opportunity to be involved.”
Don’t miss out – help us spread the word!
The Business Booster is open to SMEs in the Yorkshire & Humber region, and will see us choosing two stand-out businesses from the entrants, to each win an impressive support package to help them grow. Our judging panel will include Maureen Foers OBE, a highly respected advocate of business in our region.
It’s part of our James Legal – The Business 2017 campaign to help as many regional businesses as possible to capitalise on the once-in-a-generation opportunity Hull, UK City of Culture 2017 represents.
In addition to the competition, The Business 2017 includes a quarterly free masterclass series and regular, useful business-related hints and tips from us and our campaign partners via the James Legal website.
We’ve been overwhelmed by support from peer businesses and respected partners, including the Department of International Trade (DIT); the Women’s Enterprise in the Humber group for female entrepreneurs; the Sirius business advice organisation; the Hull & Humber Chamber of Commerce, Yorkshire Bank and the Humber Local Enterprise Partnership’s Growth Hub, which provides free advisor support and business support tools, access to grants and information via its website.
Here’s what else is included in our Business Booster prize fund so far:
- A network and system audit and helpdesk support for one year, up to a value of £4,000, for the overall winner; and a network and system audit and strategic system planning, worth up to £1,000, for the runner up, from Computanet
- A full hygiene review and improvements, and ongoing strategy, worth up to £1,000 for each winner, from Elliott Hygiene Ltd
- Sales Lead Genie: Strategic sales and marketing review, and one day of targeted B2B telemarketing with research findings, presented as a report, worth £1,000, for each winner.
- A year’s free legal support worth £5,000 from James Legal, including a review and re-write of policies and contracts, and access to our business legal advice service
- A £1,500 voucher to be used towards website development, design works, email marketing or SEO, provided by Arrival Design
- Accountancy support worth up to £1,000 for the overall winner and an online accounts software annual subscription of £500 for the second placed business, from 360 Accountants
- Two one-day management alignment workshops worth £1,500, focusing on business goal setting via a review of management personalities, relationships and structures, from leadership development company Dare Greatly
- A full business diagnostic worth £1,900, looking at critical areas including skills, supply chain, procurement and operations, from The Marketplace
- A PR & Marketing audit and communications strategy worth £1,000 from By Tracy Fletcher Limited
- Free annual membership of The Business Culture Hull business networking group, worth £300
- An initial funding audit and guidance, followed by monthly reviews and application support, worth £3,000, provided by Peacock Finance
- A corporate video worth £100, from Fifty Squid video
- Business mentoring sessions to the value of £500 from Sirius.
James Legal Managing Director and Solicitor, Nick Miller, added: “I continue to be overwhelmed by the amount of support and goodwill our campaign has received from local businesses and am delighted to have Henderson’s and A&S Design onboard.
“We just need lots of stand-out businesses to put their entries in now. We know the talent is out there, and we can’t wait to help two fantastic companies take that vital next step.”
How can you get involved?
To enter our Business Booster competition, visit www.jameslegal.co.uk/business-booster-competition
To find out more about our James Legal – The Business 2017 campaign in general, visit www.jameslegal.co.uk/the-business-2017.
If you have any questions about any of the above, call Becca Bunting on (01482) 225566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch this space for details of our next masterclass, featuring internationally renowned clinical hypnotherapist Sheila Granger, which will be taking place at the Hallmark Hotel in North Ferriby on Wednesday, 27 September.