3 new partners boost competition fund to £39,00023-03-2017
We’re over the moon to welcome three new partners to our James Legal – The Business 2017 posse.
Computanet, Elliott Hygiene Ltd and Sales Lead Genie have joined in – adding £9,000 to the prize fund for our The Business Booster competition, as well as a wealth of additional experience and expertise.
The Business Booster is open to stand out SMEs in the Yorkshire & Humber region, and will see us choosing two stand out businesses from the entrants, to each win an impressive support package to help them grow.
It’s part of our James Legal – The Business 2017 campaign to help as many regional businesses as possible to capitalise on the once-in-a-generation opportunity Hull, UK City of Culture 2017 represents.
Our newest partners have now added the following to the help included:
- Computanet: A network and system audit and helpdesk support for one year, up to a value of £4,000, for the overall winner; and a network and system audit and strategic system planning, worth up to £1,000, for the runner up
- Elliott’s: A full hygiene review and improvements, and ongoing strategy, worth up to £1,000 for each winner
- Sales Lead Genie: Strategic sales and marketing review, and one day of targeted B2B telemarketing with research findings, presented as a report, worth £1,000, for each winner.
In addition to the competition, The Business 2017 includes a quarterly free masterclass series and regular, useful business-related hints and tips from us and our campaign partners via the James Legal website.
We’ve been overwhelmed by support from peer businesses and respected partners, including the Department of International Trade (DIT); the Women’s Enterprise in the Humber group for female entrepreneurs; the Sirius business advice organisation; the Hull & Humber Chamber of Commerce, Yorkshire Bank and the Humber Local Enterprise Partnership’s Growth Hub, which provides free advisor support and business support tools, access to grants and information via its website.
Our new partners explained why they were keen to get involved:
“Why wouldn’t we want to be involved is the question? Being a Hull & Humber business means sharing in success and this initiative by James Legal gives us a fantastic opportunity to do exactly that.
“James Legal is a highly respected local company we’ve dealt with for many years, and we’re honoured to be part of The Business 2017,” said Adam Lutkin, Managing Director, Computanet, IT managed service provider.
“Elliott’s is already involved in a number of local partnerships aimed at boosting enterprise in our area, including Young Enterprise, For Entrepreneurs Only and the Hull & Humber Chamber of Commerce, because we believe that giving something back is a vital aspect of what being in business is all about.
“Getting involved in such a creative and worthwhile initiative as James Legal – The Business 2017 was therefore a no brainer for us,” Janette Elliott, co-director of Elliott Hygiene Ltd, Hull-based hygiene and catering supply specialists.
“I set up Sales Lead Genie just under a year ago, so I know first-hand how important it is for businesses to have support in getting established. This is why I’m keen to pass on some good karma and do my bit to help others.
“I think any initiative that brings businesses together to help them learn from each other, develop and showcase what they can do, is to be welcomed with open arms, and I’m very proud to get involved with James Legal – The Business 2017,” Sarah McKenzie, Managing Director, Sales Lead Genie.
Here’s what else is included in our Business Booster prize fund so far:
- A year’s free legal support worth £5,000 from James Legal, including a review and re-write of policies and contracts, and access to our business legal advice service
- A £1,500 voucher to be used towards website development, design works, email marketing or SEO, provided by Arrival Design
- Accountancy support worth up to £1,000 for the overall winner and an online accounts software annual subscription of £500 for the second placed business, from 360 Accountants
- Two one-day management alignment workshops worth £1,500, focusing on business goal setting via a review of management personalities, relationships and structures, from leadership development company Dare Greatly
- A full business diagnostic worth £1,900, looking at critical areas including skills, supply chain, procurement and operations, from The Marketplace
- A PR & Marketing audit and communications strategy worth £1,000 from By Tracy Fletcher Limited
- Free annual membership of The Business Culture Hull business networking group, worth £300
- An initial funding audit and guidance, followed by monthly reviews and application support, worth £3,000, provided by Peacock Finance
- A corporate video worth £100, from Fifty Squid video
- Business mentoring sessions to the value of £500 from Sirius.
James Legal Managing Director and Solicitor, Nick Miller, added: “A huge thank you to our latest three partners. It’s really humbling to have so many businesses join in and give their time and resource to provide a leg-up for other companies with potential.
“We were excited when we launched The Business 2017, but now that its true potential for every business involved is unfolding, we’re even moreso.”
How can you get involved?
To enter our Business Booster competition
To book your place on our first FREE masterclass, called International Trade Secrets for Businesses, click here.
To find out more about our James Legal – The Business 2017 campaign in general, visit www.jameslegal.co.uk/the-business-2017.
If you have any questions about any of the above, call Lindsey Nicklin on (01482) 225566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.