What makes me tick?
I like things to be organised and in order, and I always have a plan of action or a to-do list but in the last year or so I have learnt you have to deviate sometimes and just go with the flow.
I have 18 years customer service experience behind me with roles including a hotel receptionist, a locations officer for a debt recovery firm and a customer service advisor for a communications company, all of which have built on my communication, team work and customer service skills. After spending my first two years at James Legal as a receptionist, along with carrying out the management of the building in which we are based, I have now progressed into the accounts team, where I am currently training to be a legal cashier. Although it is a little out of my comfort zone, I am enjoying the challenge of learning new skills with the support of my colleagues.
Outside of work
I enjoy spending time with my daughter, family and friends. I have a passion for interior design, which mainly consisted of admiring other people’s homes, until recently, when I bought a ‘doer-upper’, giving me the opportunity to let my inner interior designer out.
What I do?
I specialise in the following legal and business areas:
- Transfer of monies to clients and building society’s
- Bank reconciliation for all James Legal’s accounts
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Inputting of invoices and payment by BACS
- Preparation of wages and payment by BACS
- All money transfers through the bank
- VAT payments
- All reports for staff at James Legal
- Bill authorising and posting
- All receipts and payments recorded on our computer system