What makes me tick?
Understanding the goals of clients and ensuring that they are achieved is the most important part of the job. Rather than what keeps me ‘buzzing’ I feel that it is always best to get to know what makes my clients tick! The variety of matters offered by acting in both areas of property work is very rewarding.
I am a Senior Solicitor with over 14 years’ experience in Commercial and Residential Property, having joined the legal profession after over a decade as a History teacher. As well as all areas of standard property work, I have acted for some of the largest property management companies in Yorkshire, dealing with all aspects of leasehold properties including lease extensions, deeds of variation and advising landlords and management companies on disputes with leaseholders. At James Legal I look forward to acting for new clients and those who already know me within a team of professionals who have enthusiasm and a positive approach to legal work..
Outside of work
My love of History has stayed with me and I enjoy travelling to historic places (even taking colleagues on guided tours both within the country and overseas). I am an avid cricket-follower, although my playing days now seem to be a distant memory. I enjoy gardening and cooking new recipes, but find the best of times are those spent with my grandchildren!
What I do?
I specialise in the following legal and business areas:
- Residential property sales, purchases, remortgages and transfers of equity
- Deeds of easement
- Acquisition of residential development sites and subsequent plot sales
- Granting of new residential leases on behalf of landlords
- Commercial property sales and purchases and acting for landlords and tenants on new or existing commercial leases
- Acting for management companies and landlords of large-scale flat developments